canada Head Office
The DevOps Engineer manages, builds, maintains the product deployment pipeline, enhances automation and handles the resolution of related pipeline incidents. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for product maintenance, troubleshooting, escalations, and performance management in a 24×7 production environment.
- Top Qualities: Problem Solving, Highly Organized, Innovative, Team Oriented
- Previous Roles: DevOps Release Engineer, DevOps Build Engineer, DevOps Administrator
- Certification: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert or Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Hands-on technical experience with building and managing release systems, environment promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Deep understanding of various DevOps tools related to Source Code Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Contiguous Testing, Continuous Monitoring, Containerization
- Hands-on experience with automated provisioning Infrastructure as Code (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
- Experience with scripting in PowerShell
- Technical experience with latest Windows Server operating systems, including administrative tasks and system troubleshooting.
- Technical experience with SQL/NoSQL database and data processing pipeline, such as MSSQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure data factory.
- Strong foundational in IT infrastructure knowledge such as, performing backups, upgrading and patching, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting, deployments, and disaster recovery.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Analytical and process-oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow-through.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Microsoft Azure Platform, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Source Control (GIT/TFS), CI/CD Tools, Azure DevOps Services, Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus Deploy, Terraform, Cloudflare, Network Firewalls, PowerShell, .Net, PagerDuty, New Relic, Jira, Confluence, Office 365, Teams, Sharepoint, Visio.
- Microsoft Azure certified, or MCSE or equivalent Microsoft certification with a component of SQL training.
- Exam priorities: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert AZ-400; SQL: Querying Data with Transact-SQL 70-761; Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- 5+ years of production application support, migration support, and incident response experience.
- 5+ years of pipeline management, setting up, and deploying software packages to cloud systems.
- 5+ years of implementing and maintaining SQL servers