IT Operations Manager
canada Head Office
The IT Operations Manager possesses strong leadership and people management skills, a strong technical background, and a proven ability to manage IT projects successfully. The IT Manager is focused on managing local and remote employees who support our critical applications and underlying IT and network infrastructures. The IT Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring systems uptime and integrity, the execution of the day-to-day operations, maintenance, configuration, and support for Inovatec and its partner companies.
- Top Qualities: Highly Organized, Facilitator, Clear Communicator, High Follow Thru
- Previous Roles: IT Team Leader, IT Manager
- Certification: ITIL Framework, Project Management, Kanban, Microsoft
- Manage resources and processes required to design, plan, and support all information products and services.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server, network, and other IT infrastructure equipment.
- Experience and a working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and the Microsoft stack.
- Prepare, maintain, and keep updated IT procedures and documentation related to our processes and platforms operations.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of technology infrastructure, including networks, servers, databases, operate as expected and aligned with security and compliance.
- Participate and direct the team regarding security compliance and audit initiatives.
- Schedule and budget maintenance and upgrades for optimum operational performance.
- Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Manage the help desk process, IT budget, procurement and purchasing, and staff for smooth, responsive operations.
- Leadership experience and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and facilitation skills able to guide a team towards company goals and objectives.
- Experience supervising, hiring, and training IT Department employees.
- Proven methods for providing excellent customer service.
- Analytical and process oriented, with a proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources.
- Microsoft 365, Windows operating system, Azure, Active Directory, Office Suite, PowerShell, SharePoint, Visio, SQL Server, Visio, Confluence, Jira, PagerDuty, New Relic, LAN, WAN, Switches, Routers, firewalls, VPN.
- Platforms: Windows Server, Microsoft Azure
- ITIL Framework
- Project Management
- Microsoft Certification
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- 5+ years of managing a high-performing team.
- 10+ year’s experience building, troubleshooting IT systems and network devices in an enterprise environment, with incident response experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in providing excellent customer service and technical support