canada Head Office
The PMO Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the day-to-day activities in the Project Management Office (PMO), provide guidance on PMO policies and processes, oversee project management staff, and collaborate with other department leaders to develop projects and programs. The PMO Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company’s standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s delivery, from initiation till closure. Also, PMO Manager will keep a record of the PMO metrics, provide regular reports to the Leadership Team, and develop new ideas to improve the processes to be more efficient. The PMO Manager is accountable for the continual professional development and career advancement of each PMO team member.
The PMO Manager will perform independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with all cross-functional teams to accomplish required tasks, provide updates, and develop trusting relationships.
- Project Management Methodology is applied consistently across all projects
- The first point of escalation for internal and external issue resolution for PM Team
- Track and maintain an accurate record of team and individual scorecards
- Facilitate PMO planning activities: Plan and prioritize between multiple projects, set deadlines, and assign staff to various deliverables so that each project can hit the ground running with minimal wasted time and resources.
- Analyze Financial Information, including analyzing projects’ budgets and quantification of monetary risk and impact and proper distribution and resource allocation. In addition to those duties, PMO Manager will frequently need to provide budget outlines and financial reports to Leadership Team.
- Overseeing PMO staff, ensuring that all processes related to a project’s completion are carried out most efficiently and effectively while simultaneously upholding the company’s standards. The PMO Manager will ensure the high quality of deliverables from the PMO Team.
- Make process improvements to existing processes and implement new PMO processes and policies while continually re-evaluating whether each project meets the applicable standards.
- Engages in problem-solving with other Managers and personnel.
- Ensure Documentation: Every step of a project’s creation, development and execution needs to be thoroughly documented, and it is up to the PMO Manager to ensure the accurate completion of such documents. This may involve reviewing and aiding in the writing of documents relating to a project’s scope, budget resources and justification.
- Ensure professional growth of PM Team
- Ensure the PM team is adequately staffed and each member of the team is taking necessary training and courses to further develop their skills and knowledge and advance through their career path.
Skills and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ year experience in a supervisory position
- 5+ years of experience in applying project management methodologies in a fast-paced environment may be advantageous
- Strong knowledge and understanding of various Project Management Methodologies or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well and written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing the client relationship
- Proven ability to manage client escalations to timely resolution resulting in increased client satisfaction and retention
- Ability to improvise and adapt to change
- Ability to multitask between different priorities and perform under pressure
- Ability to train, mentor, and coach others so the team can continually grow
- Process-oriented with an analytical mindset
- Self-starter, achievement-oriented, motivated, and proven problem-solving